Friday, June 02, 2006

Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes

Well I'm finally starting this blog, so I'd thought I'd show a breakfast meal for the first post.
I woke up this morning wanting eggs, hardly unusual, but since I had some spare time I decided to try a recipe from La Bonne Cuisine. It ended up being much more Italian than French in flavoring by the end, but the primary idea from La Bonne Cuisine was to cook the tomatoes separately. Hardly a groundbreaking idea I know, but a first for me. Normally when I make scramble eggs and tomatoes I tend to toss everything in at once until the eggs are tinged by tomato juice, and its delightful mash of ingredients. This time I cooked the eggs and then the tomatoes - which actually let me do more seasoning to the tomatoes and made for more interesting flavors in the end product. Yes I know its a lot of butter in the eggs, but its actually half the amount that La Bonne Cuisine recommends. And the overall technique makes for incredibly creamy eggs. Oh this is also my first experiment at any sort of presentation - so don't laugh too hard.

Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes

1 T butter
2 eggs
salt & pepper

Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium low to low heat. Whisk (could you make a verb out of the word fork?) together the eggs with the s&p. Pour the eggs over the butter, and begin stirring. Stir the eggs constantly with a wooden spoon. And remove from heat just before they're set. Allow to finish cooking in pan, but off the heat.

olive oil (or butter - I used the last on the eggs)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 t Italian seasoning
salt & pepper

Pour a little oil or butter into pan on med high heat. Toss in garlic when oil is hot. Allow to cook until garlic becomes fragrant then toss in the tomato and seasoning. Cook until tomatoes are just heated through. S&P to taste.


eggs and my lovely pajama pantsPosted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

food looks yummy. tried the custard, and it was very good. nice to see a clean kitchen-watch out for melting cell phones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home